6th French university
Philippe AUGE, President :
“The Foundation is an indispensable networking tool, drawing together the University and the key industrial players. It pilots the 1st French University Space Centre and gives everyone an opportunity to contribute to the projects.”
World leader in 3D electronic components for space www.3d-plus.com
Pierre MAURICE, CEO :
“The creation of this Foundation specialised in nanosatellites, combined with the team’s dynamism, convinced us to take part in the scheme”
The world’s second largest space company www.airbus.com
Arnaud DE ROSNAY, Engineering Space Systems Director of Airbus Defence & Space
The Expleo Group is distinguished by its high level of technical know-how and proven expertise in complex and critical systems https://expleogroup.com
Patrick ANGLARD, Chief Technology Officer of Expleo Group : “This partnership materializes our contribution to space research and more specifically to the innovation ecosystem related to the development of nanosatellites. We are also delighted by these strengthened links with future engineers trained by the University of Montpellier who will have to respond to the challenges of the new space”.
Wolrd-class leader in interconnection systems for aeronautics ans space( 1st for avionics racks, 2nd for electrical harnesses, 1st in Europe for satellite wriring) www.latecoere.aero
Denis BRETAGNOLLE, President : “A win-win initiative: first, supporting and working alongside the teaching faculty and students in their innovative projects in the field of nanosatellites, and second, developing synergies through shared resources and expertise to harness innovation that develops our offer and consolidates our position as a major industrial player in the space industry.”
Well-known figures on the Board of Directors: a strategy defined by experts
A Word from the President
“The Van Allen Foundation needs the support of all us – entrepreneurs, decision-makers, opinion leaders, scientific experts – who like myself are committed to building a future for young people. A new French nanosatellite sector is up and running, providing new economic and job opportunities. The leading space agencies, industrial leaders and others have their eyes on France and Montpellier. We have to support this initiative together. Like us, give your support to the Van Allen Foundation.” Jean-Claude GAYSSOT
The Van Allen Foundation’s Board of Directors includes leading personalities from the top echelons of the international space sector who determine its nanosatellite development strategy.
- Philippe ADELL, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Nasa
- Jean-Louis FELLOUS, former COSPAR Director
- Jean-Claude GAYSSOT, former Minister, Port President of Sète
- Philippe LATTES, Delegate in charge of Space Affairs, Aerospace Valley Pole
- Martin GIARD, Scientific Delegate in charge of Space Affairs, CNRS INSU
- François ROCARIES, Scientific Director, F’SATI
- Frédéric TESTON, ESA/ESTEC Systems Department Director
- Michel TOGNINI, French Astronaut, former Director of the ESA astronaut’s center
The Representatives of the University of Montpellier
The Van Allen Foundation also brings together various representatives from the University of Montpellier.
- Jacques MERCIER, Vice President in charge of the Research
- François PIERROT, Vice President in charge of Valorization and Industrial Partnerships
- Serge PRAVOSSOUDOVITCH, Professor, Laboratory of Computer Science, Robotics and Microelectronics of Montpellier (LIRMM)
- Benoît HEINTZ, CSUM Studies Engineer
- Nabil BOUREGHDA, IUT of Nîmes Technician
- Julien AVERSENG, Lecturer, Mechanics and Civil Engineering Laboratory (LMGC)
- Philippe COMBETTE, Professor, Institute of Electronics and Systems (IES)
- Jean-Pierre HABAS, Professor, Institute Charles Gerhardt (ICG)
- Eric NATIVEL, Lecturer, Institute of Electronics and Systems (IES)
- Denis PUY, Professor, Montpellier Universe and Particles Laboratory (LUPM)
- Lionel TORRES, Professor, Polytech Director
Ambassadors / Fundraising Campaign Committee
- Jean-Claude GAYSSOT, Fondation Van Allen President, former Minister
- Bernard BIGOT, ITER General Director
- Anne BONDIOU-CLERGERIE, R&D Affairs Director, GIFAS Space and Environment
- Christophe CARNIEL, VoGo General Diector
- Jean-Paul HERTEMAN, former Safran Group General Director
- Daniel KUNTH, CNRS Research Director, Astrophysicist
- Hubert REEVES, Astrophysicist
Members of the Partners Club of the Van Allen Foundation Partners Club
The Van Allen Foundation has created its own Partners Club, giving companies the opportunity to be part of an information and discussion network and support the nanosatellites of the 1st French University Space Centre. Businesses can join by sponsoring us (tax deductible), the fee is proportional to their turnover.
CLIX INDUSTRIES is a company specializing in sticking assembly. Its expertise covers many activity sectors such as space, aeronautics, electronics …
MAGELLIUM has recognised expertise in the field of software engineering and geographical information systems, digital geography, solutions for geographical data production, signal and image processing, and more. MAGELLIUM’s expertise was further strengthened when it became part of the Artal Group in 2016: with 300 top-level engineers, this alliance (between a geo-information and imaging expert and an industrial systems software specialist) transformed it into an ISE operating in the fields of image and sensitive data processing and systems engineering on behalf of the aeronautics, defence, space, energy and the environment sectors.
SYMETRIE specialist in hexapods, offers high precision positioning solutions.
UIMM Méditerranée Ouest represents and federates industrial and technological companies of all sizes and sectors of activity in the territory. The metallurgy collective agreement includes, in particular, on the territory, the sectors of medical, mechanical, space, electronics, energy, etc. Its mission is to promote and develop the industry and to support industrial companies and their leaders, in particular through its legal service, HR, financal service, its industrial FabLab and its Training Center. Each year, UIMM Occitanie LR Training Center trains more than 650 young learners in industry trades (CAP, BAC Pro, BTS and Licenses) and more than 1,500 industry collaborators.